18th International Conference of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence
Call for tutorial proposals
AIIA is the premier venue for presenting innovative systems and research results related to Artificial Intelligence, attracting a large number of high quality submissions every year and participants from both industry and academia. AI*IA brings together researchers from different areas, such as artificial intelligence, databases, natural language processing, information systems, human computer interaction, information retrieval, web science, etc., who investigate, develop and use novel methods and technologies concerning the Artificial Intelligence research field.
In addition to the regular research and workshop program, AIIA 2019 will include a tutorial program addressing the diverse interests of its audience: Artificial Intelligence practitioners that wish to learn about new technologies, novices to Artificial Intelligence interested in introductory tutorials to key topics, government and industry representatives focusing on the applicability of Artificial Intelligence technologies in practical settings. This program will follow the successful experiment started during AIIA 2018.
We invite you to submit a tutorial proposal on a research topic relevant to the AIIA 2019 audience. Each tutorial will be a half-day event of about 3.5 hours.
The decision on acceptance or rejection of tutorial proposals will be made on the basis of the overall quality of the proposal and its appeal to a reasonable fraction of the Artificial Intelligence community.
In particular, tutorials should satisfy each of the following criteria:
- the research topic falls in the general scope of the conference
- there is a clear focus on a specific technology, problem or application
- there is a sufficiently large community interested in the topic
We expect proposals for the following types of tutorials:
- Tutorials providing an introduction to well established Artificial Intelligence aspects.
- Tutorials describing the cross link between Artificial Intelligence technologies and other disciplines and application domains.
- Tutorials presenting specific Artificial Intelligence technologies and trends.
Additionally, we expect tutorials to have practical parts in terms of examples or, preferably, exercises and hands-on sessions to be carried out by the participants.
Proposals should be submitted via Easychair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aixia2019wt selecting Tutorial as the submission topic.
A proposal consists of a single PDF file no longer than 4 (four) pages, written in English and containing the following sections:
- Title and Acronym
- Motivation: Why is the topic timely and of particular interest to AIIA participants? What is the relation of this tutorial to other similar tutorials presented at other events? (One to three paragraphs)
- Detailed Description: Length (expected number of hours), overview of content and schedule, description of learning outcomes, presentation style, tutorial format, justification of length if longer than 3.5 hours (why a shorter time would not suffice), prior knowledge required by the attendees (No longer than two pages)
- Tutorial Material: Overview of the material used for the tutorial. In case of slides, handouts or other teaching material please specify when the material will be made available and how (e.g, under a CC license to anyone, only to the attendees, not at all, and so on) (One to three paragraphs).
- Audience: Who and how many people are likely to attend? (One paragraph).
- Presenters: Name, affiliation, email address, homepage and short (One paragraph) biography of each presenter, their expertise in the tutorial topic, and their experience in teaching and in tutorial presentation. Please indicate which presenter is the primary contact. (One to two paragraphs per presenter)
- Related events (if the tutorial was presented before in a similar form): Link to previous event(s) and materials. The number of attendees of the previous event(s). Why is it relevant to continue the tutorial in 2019?
- Requirements: Audio-visual or technical requirements and any special room requirements (One to two paragraphs).
Deadline for tutorial proposals submission: June 5th, 2019
Notification: June 21st, 2019
Tutorials date: November 19th-22nd, 2019
Rafael Peñaloza, University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy