18th International Conference of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence
Call for workshop proposals
The AIIA 2019 Conference will host a series of workshops dedicated to specific and hot topics that will complement the main conference program. AI*IA Working Groups, scientific and industrial research groups, and individual researchers interested in a subarea of Artificial Intelligence or in a related topic of growing importance are invited to submit proposals of workshops associated with the AIIA 2019 conference. We particularly welcome proposals aimed at bringing together researchers from a wide range of disciplines, to exchange ideas and to allow cross-fertilization.
Workshop proposals should be submitted in English as a single PDF file not longer than 4 (four) pages containing the following sections:
- Workshop title and acronym
- Workshop organizers (affiliation, contact details, homepage, prior experiences with workshop organization)
- Motivation and scientific relevance to the conference audience
- Keywords (describing the main themes of the workshop) (from 3 to 5)
- Abstract (up to 200 words)
- Description of the workshop (topics and goals of the workshop) (up to 800 words)
- Organizational details such as: thematic panels, demo sessions, invited talks
- Initial list of (potential) members of the program committee
- Previous editions of the workshop series (if applicable) (URLs, conference it was co-located with, number of registrants, number of submissions, number of accepted papers, and any other relevant information)
- Length of the workshop (in hours)
Proposals should be submitted via Easychair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aixia2019wt
The expected number of submissions is at least 5 for half-day workshops and at least 8 for full-day ones. Workshops that do not reach the suggested target might not be activated or may be merged with other events.
Workshop schedule: each workshop will be assigned a number of slots (from 1 to 3 slots) during the conference days. A slot can vary from 1 to 2.5 hours. The distribution of slots will take into account the accepted papers and workshop organization.
Management of the Submission, Review, and Publishing Process
The workshops organizers will manage on their own the submission, review, and publishing process. The key dates and publication policy must be shared with the conference organization.
Workshop proceedings should preferably be published in CEUR Workshop Proceedings AIIA Series selecting Workshop as the submission topic.
The workshop Call for Papers, all other calls, and the website should clearly state that the workshop is held within the AIIA 2019 Conference, including the URL of the conference website (https://aiia2019.mat.unical.it).
All workshop participants (including the organizers) will have to register through the AIIA 2019 registration service.
The workshops must notify acceptance of papers by September 20th, 2019, to allow authors to enjoy the early registration fee.
Deadline for workshop proposals submission: 5 June 2019
Notification: 21 June 2019
Workshops dates: 19-22 November 2019
Rafael Peñaloza, University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy