18th International Conference of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence
General Information and Budget
The Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence (AI*IA) offers grants for the participation of students in the 18th International Conference of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence (AIIA 2019). The objective of AI*IA student support is to encourage students interested in subjects related to Artificial Intelligence to become active members of the AI*IA community.
All assigned grants cover conference fees and support travel and accommodation expenses. The budget is € 6370 (six thousands three hundreds seventy euro) and each student may obtain a grant up to € 500 (five hundreds euro). The grant amount will be determined by evaluating the proposal, the expense plan, and the distance from UNICAL. Grant recipients are expected to help the conference organization as student volunteers.
To apply, the candidates should satisfy the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. program or be recently (at most 1 year) graduated from a Bachelor or Master program;
- be a member of AI*IA for (the second half of) 2019;
- have good English skills.
Applications must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 September 2019. A confirmation of reception will be sent within 2 business days.
The application must include the following information:
- Personal data, phone number, email address and social security number (or Codice Fiscale for Italian students).
- A scanned copy of the passport or ID card.
- Status of the candidate (i.e., student/recently graduated).
- A letter from a researcher or professor including an assessment of the current status.
- A one-page (at most 500 words) curriculum vitae of the candidate (PDF). Bachelor and Master students must include the average mark. Recently graduated students must include the graduation mark and the graduation date.
- A budget estimating registration, travel, accommodation and meal expenses.
The applications will be evaluated by the commission formed by Mario Alviano, Gianluigi Greco and Francesco Scarcello.
The commission will evaluate the submitted applications and will select the students that will receive grants on the basis of the following priorities:
- Students with an accepted contribution in the Doctoral Consortium.
- Ph.D. students participating in the Doctoral Consortium.
- Ph.D. students attending the conference and workshops.
- Bachelor and master students.
- Recent graduates.
The selected students will have to confirm their participation in the conference within 2 business days.
Instructions for getting the reimbursement after the event will be sent to the selected students by email. In order to be refunded, all receipts have to be sent within 1 month from the end of the conference, that is, no later than 22 December 2019. The early student registration fee for the Conference and Workshops pass will be retained by the student grant (so, include it in your expense plan).